For many of today’s young Indians, a pay cheque at the end of the month is just not enough. They are eager to push themselves to their limits and then a bit further, only to fulfil their dreams and entrepreneurial aspirations. StartUps is the answer to the unbounded desires of the GEN Y, and numerous such stories are inspiring and awe-striking at the same time.
Though the idea of a Start-up is rather romantic; working with your buddies, long hours of work and the sheer willpower to push your idea forward, but the reality is far from being rosy. The startup community in India is vast and fast growing. Therefore, Surge an event backed by Web Summit, was held in Bangalore in Febuaury2016. We here at Pepipost not only provide the chance for startups by creating an another platform to market their product but also take an initiative to bring these incredible startups in the limelight. We interviewed few start-ups to gain the insights of their products. It was an immense pleasure for us to meet some of the very talented and innovative startups who have a very promising future ahead.
- Giftxoxo: – Giving gifts can be a little bit trying. This start- up understood the dilemma of all the gift giver’s across the country and came up with a unique platform providing perfect gift ideas based on various criteria of budget, age, location, interests, etc
- CallADiag: – In the age where you can buy clothes, groceries and what not, either on call or through online websites, then why should medicine stay behind? Now booking a doctor’s appointment, buying the medicines and another health care services is just a call away, it’s a brainchild of Oeuvre Technologies and Consulting.
- PickJi: – A revolutionising change in delivering your goods and assets is brought up by this start-up in a capital of India during colonial rule, Kolkata. A hassle free, secure, intra-city delivery service, PickJi, is an affordable delivery service in Kolkata with high standard customised logistics.
- PopHop: –Want to have an uninterrupted movie watching experience? Don’t want to stand in those queues, which is quite a tiresome task! PopHop has a solution for you. Just download the app available on Apple Store and place the order, and your audi number, and seat number. The order will get delivered to you at your seats. You don’t have to leave the place! Enjoy!
- Pookaari: – They say, ” Diamonds are women’s best friend,” but this saying needs a little improvisation, it should go by “Jewellery and fashion are women’s best friend.” ShriVyshnavi Annush, Pookari’s founder, understood this very well and brought us a very exciting E-Commerce experience offering us exclusive trending jewellery and fashion accessories with a touch of Indian Aesthetics.
- ApnaCloud: – The name of this startup is quite self-explanatory about their product. The name speaks volumes about what exactly this product is. Many International companies provide the cloud storage service, but “ApnaCloud” is the only Indian start-up, which provides cloud storage services. Go India! Bleed Tricolour!
- CarSavaar: – Initiative was taken by this start-up to promote a unique concept of car pooling, CarSavaar also provides a unique portal which is aimed at providing a proper mapping among the Car Owners, Drivers, Passengers, Travel Agents, etc. throughout the country.
- Quickbed: – Travelling far? Hassle in finding accommodation? Quickbed is an answer to all your discomfort when it comes to lodging. This startup Quickbed provides Pocket-friendly, Real-time, and location based services
- The AKJ Group: – The AKJ Group is an automated wealth management portal (essentially a ‘robo-advisor’) to make investments easier, transparent, hassle free and accessible to all. This Singapore-based start-up is planning to venture in several nations including India.
- Tetraa: – Tetraa is a comprehensive free estimate or invoicing software that enables small businesses to manage & close more sales from any web-enabled device.
These are the few amongst the many astoundingly brilliant start-ups with whom we had a chance to interact with at the Summit. We are looking forward to meeting more such talent and brilliance shortly. To catch all of our interviews, visit: https://www.youtube.com/c/pepipostapp
Let’s meet up for more insights and sharing the lovely experience of your stories at next big startup events, Tech in Asia, Web Summit and August Fest.
Stay Tuned for our upcoming blogs.
Are you a Startup and want to know, what does it take to be a successful startup, then do read the next blog of Pepipost.
|Author: Kshama Doshi|
|Kshama Doshi is the content strategist at Pepipost
“She loves to write and to read mainly aristocratic romance. Any form of art inspires her and drives her imagination.” Email: email@example.com