|We hire people with a wide range of technical skills and expertise who are interested in solving large-scale development problems, like how to deliver billions of transactional emails per month in a most secure and scalable way.
We are building an Internal Platform Team to drive Pepipost’s evolution to the next level of technological sophistication. This team’s primary objectives are all rooted in the need to give Pepipost the ability to scale to extreme volumes. You will be supporting high-volume data pipelining, providing a scalable and fault-tolerant platform that enables the email sending engine, and supporting the core network services which all Pepipost products are built on. The entire platform team will focus on developing and maintaining multi-datacenter managed systems for the flow, processing, and storage of massive amounts of data. You will develop scalability and reliability strategies for handling a large user base and billions of messages per day.
What You’ll Do
- Your goal is to improve the way we do things, not just keep up with the things we need to do.
- Provide solutions that help scale infrastructure and operations needs
- Focus on system manageability and configuration, failure conditions, and high availability
- Build/enhance real time data ingestion to support billions of events per day
- Enhance architecture to efficiently and reliably handle large messages and large workloads at scale of billions of messages per day
- Make a BIG impact by coding daily and leading from the front to realize design goals.
- Develop and maintain a high quality code base
- Work with product owners to maintain an effective agile development team
- Actively work with teams across the Engineering department to develop and implement data architecture, interprocess communication, and other core elements that enable delivery teams to provide scalable and reliable features
- Analyze usage patterns and application behaviors, and translate that into performance optimizations
- Determine how to meet scalability requirements while ensuring reliability within a platform
- We’re an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
- Minimum 4 years experience in software development
- Experience implementing complex software (preferably acknowledge of Go)
- Strong knowledge of system software architecture of large distributed systems
- Experience in live production systems
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and architecture, and OO design
- Have a vast knowledge of software design patterns, testing methodologies, open source projects and frameworks.
- Ability to take ownership of projects as point of contact and ensure follow through on stakeholder needs
- Success at participating in cross-functional development teams; naturally collaborative but decisive when needed
- Ability to articulate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Self motivated, works well without supervision, sees commitments through completion
- Knowledge of Linux is required
- Experience designing and implementing eventually consistent storage or other form of data conflict resolution strategy
- Knowledge of and experience implementing various network protocols
- Security and cryptography
- Chef or other deployment automation framework
Love Where You Work
- About Us:
Pepipost is the speedy transactional email delivery service that provides reliable Inboxing in less than a second. Pepipost started off in Jan 2015. Within 1 year of our existence, we got love of 2500+ clients spread across 15+ countries and delivering about 600M per month email traffic, with 96.7% Inboxing.
Started with two, we currently have about 15 pepis (that’s what we call ourselves) serving our clients 24/7 – setup at two development centers, Mumbai and Hyderabad. Though a startup, we’ve already broken even and are sufficiently funded to grow bigger for next 5 years.
Pepipost is built on a philosophy to create a clean and marketer friendly email ecosystem. With our disruptive pricing model and excellent performance and support – and most importantly, the love of our customers is helping us grow exponentially.
- Office: We have a beautiful office at the heart of Mumbai, and we work with some of the brightest teammates and customers in the world.
- Culture: We care about building a team of high-performers, covering each other’s backs, constantly learning, and delighting our customers by solving hard problems.
- Food: Daily evening snacks on us.
- Work/Life: Flexible time may be you are an early bird or late night bat. 3 weeks of vacation, most major holidays, Holidays on your special day. Life is more than work, so we give the flexibility to even occasionally work from home.
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Allowances: Taking care of the little things with monthly allowances for cell phone and community parking.
- A complete startup oriented culture: Move fast and break things. Obviously, casual wears are allowed. But, we prefer to wear our Pepi Uniform 🙂
Pepipost is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send in your resume and work to email@example.com
Job Location 1: Mumbai, India
8th Floor, ‘A’ Wing, Lodha Supremus II,
Road No. 22, Wagle Industrial Estate,
Thane West, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job Location 2: Dublin, Ireland
Resident of Ireland and someone who can work remotely from Dublin.