17 Alternatives to Easy WP SMTP Plugin in 2020
Emails are definitely the most convenient way of exchanging messages and documents when it comes to blogging and digital marketing. But when it comes to sending and receiving bulk of emails can be discomforting especially when it is from your WordPress website, most likely using an SMTP Plugin It is likely to happen that an email may not hit its destination. And the thought comes here is what would have happened and how can it be resolved.
Well, fortunately, there is a quite simple answer to all your email troubles. And the solution comes in the form of SMTP plugins for WordPress available in the WordPress repository itself.
Although Easy WP Mail SMTP Plugin in 2020 is seen as one of the most used plugins for managing your outgoing WordPress emails. But there might be a chance that you are looking for an alternative to Easy WP Mail SMTP plugin.
If this is the case, then in this post you will get to know what is SMTP and 7 best Easy WordPress SMTP plugins alternatives to install.
7 Best Alternatives to Easy WP Mail SMTP
Easy WP SMTP plugin is a 100% free WordPress SMTP plugin. It essentially just takes the same settings from the code as in WP SMTP plugin and lets you configure them from inside your WordPress dashboard. But in case you want to try other SMTP plugins here is the list to choose from.
Pepipost SMTP Plugin
Pepipost is a cloud-based SMTP service provider that offers robust SMTP relay service. It lets you send emails without worrying about the email servers. This is a simple email delivery service designed specifically for developers.
You can send emails via Pepipost in less than a second after just a 5-minute integration. All it requires is to change your configuration to Pepipost's SMTP servers and add your credentials from Pepipost Account.
The feature that makes it unique from others is that the Pepipost plugin uses API integration to send outgoing emails from your WordPress installation. It replaces the wp_mail function included with WordPress.
- Uses API integration to send outgoing emails from your WordPress installation
- 24X7 developer support
- Replaces the wp_mail function included with WordPress.
- The speed with transparency
WP Mail Bank
WP Mail Bank is a plugin built by Tech-Banker which is an India based company. It gets regularly updated with about 40,000 active installs and good reviews. Here you get two options for sending emails.
One is simply by using the provided SMTP settings. The second option is the built-in PHPMailer.
- The plugin offers a premium version.
- Being active on a million websites, WP Mail SMTP is a freemium WordPress SMTP plugin.
- Lets you connect to any SMTP server by entering its details.
- Directly connect to the APIs of some of the popular SMTP services.
- The interface is well-designed.
- Send a test email to make sure your chosen configuration is functioning properly.
- Supports easy configurable general email parameters.
Further, the Pro version has direct integrations for the SendGrid and Mailgun APIs.
It also gives you the ability to:
- View detailed logs for all the emails that your site sends.
- Receive alerts via email, push notification, or Slack whenever an email fails to send.
Postman SMTP Mailer/Email Log
Postman SMTP mailer is the reincarnation and updated version of Postman SMTP. This plugin emphasizes on three things-
It works on the hosts which actively block SMTP ports. It has the capability to deliver over HTTPS as well. The unique thing about this plugin is that it does not store any password in the WordPress database. Thus protects it from the hacker attack on your website.
- Connectivity Test for proactively diagnosing any server setup issues
- Logging to diagnose the exact cause of any failed emails
- Compatible with WordPress Multisite.
- Lets you define a secondary fallback SMTP server to use if the primary server fails.
- Includes a built-in email logger to track emails sent by your WordPress site.
- Supports international alphabets and HTML mail
- API integration with a variety of external services
As the name suggests, Gmail SMTP focuses on connecting you to one specific SMTP server — Gmail. If you desire to use Gmail for sending your emails, you should definitely try this one.
But Gmail SMTP does not let you simply have to enter your SMTP username and password. Instead, the plugin uses OAuth 2.0 for authorization providing you with good security. Although it requires you to perform some basic setup tasks in the Google Developers Console before using it.
Simply create your app in Google Developers Console, then head to Settings → Gmail SMTP to enter the API keys for your app and enable the plugin. Once the setup is done WordPress site automatically starts using Gmail’s SMTP server to send your emails.
- Uses OAuth 2.0 protocol for added security
- Native TLS/SSL authentication
- Good configurability
- Includes a tool to help you send a test email to verify it is functioning properly.
- Works perfectly with Gmail
SMTP Mailer is another popular free plugin which is quite similar to the Easy WP SMTP plugin. It offers simple to use interface that lets you connect to any SMTP server. Once you activate the plugin, go to Settings → SMTP Mailer, enter your SMTP server details, and you are all set to use it.
- Set up a username and password for your SMTP server.
- Option to choose between SSL or TLS encryptions.
- Helps you set up a dedicated mail server for handling all outgoing emails from your website.
- Options to specify SMTP host and SMTP port.
WP Mail SMTP
Active on over a million websites, WP Mail SMTP is a freemium WordPress SMTP plugin that helps you connect to any SMTP server by simply entering the required details. Instead, you can also connect directly to the APIs of some of the popular SMTP services like-
This one is a simple, lightweight, plugin with no-frills option. It is probably one of the most widely used SMTP plugins in the WordPress repo, with over half a million active installs.
- Configures wp_mail() function.
- Supports manual set up SMTP provider by specifying SMTP port and SMTP host.
- Option to choose SSL or TLS encryptions.
- It comes with SMTP setup options for Mailgun, SendGrid, and Gmail.
- Enable/Disable SMTP authentication
- Specify an SMTP username and password.
- The interface is well-designed with clear options available.
Sendinblue is another very popular and recommended transactional email service. It serves 80,000+ growing companies around the world and sends over 30 million emails each day.
Their email deliverability experts are in a constant battle at work for optimizing the reliability and speed of their SMTP infrastructure. Sendinblue provides users 300 free emails per day.
Here are 10 other WP SMTP Plugins you might consider using
- WP HTML Mail
- Sendgrid SMTP
- Mailgun WP SMTP
- Free WP Mail SMTP
- WP Mail Booster
- WP Email Users
- Mailster Multi SMTP
- WP SMTP config
- Post-SMTP Mailer
So if you are experiencing any issues with Easy WP SMTP Plugin then there could be nothing better than to try any of these given options a try and see if it helps you in improving your email open rates.
The plugin also includes a tool to help you send test emails.
Other Related Article.
Learn more on Best Sendgrid Alternatives
Learn about Amazon SES Alternatives
Know more about Mailgun Alternatives