9 Best Sendgrid Alternatives for 2020 | Sendgrid API Pricing & Reviews
This article talks about nine best Sendgrid Alternatives that you can try for your email sending needs in 2020. With the heavily rising Sendgrid Pricing, many brands are seeing a way out to other Email Service Providers. We have tried to compile a list of 9 Best Sendgrid API Alternatives on parameters such as Price, Deliverability etc.
Let's start, shall we...
Certainly Undeniable! An email has great importance in modern business communication.
So, keeping emails under control is very crucial to ensure enriched customer service, better response time, the efficiency with workflow and avoiding unnecessary burdens. Sendgrid is one such email transactional services that eliminate your email headaches and is said to be the email infrastructure of tomorrow, delivered today.
But why are we talking of Sendgrid Alternatives today?
We all want to grow a healthy business by helping our customers make a meaningful impact with their email programs but before we dig in, Let’s ask yourself.
Are you sceptical about absorbing and implementing a new email transaction service in your Business?
Do you know that there are some best alternatives of Sendgrid that you can definitely try?
Best Sendgrid Alternatives for your Business in 2020
If you remain unanswered, then, let’s check out some wonderful alternatives of Sendgrid available that you can prioritize so that the different needs of your businesses can be fulfilled with just a click.
Pepipost is a reliable Email API and SMTP transactional email service used by 20,000+ brands. It keeps a full track on email delivery, open rate, and bounce rate, also notifies you on unsubscriptions and other actions taken by the users. You can send emails at just half of Sendgrid’s cost with Pepipost.
It has simple settings to connect your application with Pepipost and provides a secure platform to send confidential emails. Pepipost provides real-time reports and notifications to help you make quick decisions.
- Easy migration APIs for users switching from Sendgrid to Pepipost, so
you can migrate in minutes.
- Send bulk emails quickly. Artificial intelligence is used to ensure inbox delivery.
- Pepipost follows authentication of your email sending domain name through a couple of DNS records(SPF, DMARC, and DKIM record) for better email inboxing.
- 24/7 Live chat support for all helps you fix every single email delivery issue if any.
- Pricing. 30,000 emails are free for 30 days. Pepipost pricing plans start with $25 for 150,000 emails.
Have a look at how Pepipost fairs between its major competitors when it comes to pricing...
Also Read: Pepipost SMTP V/S Sendgrid SMTP
2. SendinBlue SMTP
SendinBlue is a popular email marketing service. With SendinBlue, you can send transactional emails to your subscribers’ lists and track the emails to find out open rate, bounce rate, click rate, etc. SendinBlue also offers SMS marketing service.
With SendinBlue SMTP you get a different dashboard to manage settings and configurations for transactional emails.
- Provides separate SMTP dashboard through which you can manage various details of transactional emails.
- Drag and drop email builder, A/B testing for emails, and advanced reporting for an optimized email marketing campaign.
- You can use traditional SMTP settings, SendinBlue PHP library or postfix configuration to integrate this SMTP service
SendinBlue offers a Free plan which includes 300 emails/day.
- The Lite plan costs $25 for up to 40k emails/month.
- Essential plan costs $39 for up to 60k emails/month.
- Premium plan starts at $66/month for 120k email.
To know more details, explore at: https://www.sendinblue.com
Mailgun is a cloud-based powerful Transactional Email service that enables you to send, receive, and track emails, built with developers in mind. With its powerful APIs, you can send, receive and track transactional emails easily. It has advanced email validation to increase your conversions.
In Mailgun domain adding & verification process is a simple task as it requires a username, password, SMTP server hostname, and SMTP port to setup your server.
- Track various details like failures, clicks, unsubscribe, spam complaints and other information on marketing and transactional emails.
- It features a robust sending infrastructure with SMTP integration and a simple RESTful API to send bulk emails to your users.
- It allows you to authenticate your domain name through SPF, DMARC, and DKIM record.
Quick Read: Mailgun Best Alternatives
It’s a pay-as-you-go service.
Some of the plans are:
- Concept plan - Allows you to deliver up to 10,000 emails and 100 email validations per month are free
- Production Plan- Allows you to deliver up to 100,000 emails and 1000 email validations in a month for $79.
- Scale Plan- Allows you to deliver up to 500,000 emails and 5000 email validations in a month for $325.
- Enterprise Plan-It comes with Custom emails volume and custom validation.
To know more details, explore at: https://www.mailgun.com
Also Read: Pepipost V/S Mailgun Pricing
4. HubSpot Email Marketing
HubSpot’s email marketing software is easy to use but also deeply powerful. It boasts impressive deliverability rates and offers powerful optimization features. Its true power, however, comes from the native integration with all of HubSpot’s products. When used with the HubSpot CRM, your marketing emails become much more relevant and personalized to your recipients. HubSpot’s tools are designed to give you the insights you need to create positive experiences for your audience and grow your business.
- It includes amazing free marketing tools like landing pages, forms, popups, live chat, chatbots, and ad tracking to kick off your marketing campaigns
- Easy to use drag and drop builder and templates that are customizable
- Advanced automation workflows and smart content segmentation
HubSpot’s free plan is free forever and comes with a span of marketing, sales, and customer service tools, including email marketing, CRM, and more.
The free plan allows you to send 2,000 emails per month to unlimited contacts. For growth and scale, paid plans begin at $50 per month with 1,000 free contacts. When you upgrade your HubSpot plan, you’re not just upgrading the email tool but also all of HubSpot’s marketing tools.
To know more details, explore at: https://hubspot.com/products/marketing/email-marketing
It is an affordable SMTP service for your website that allows you to create and send transactional, marketing and notification emails to the user’s inbox. It allows you to create an email blast and track the emails in real-time. By using this service, you can send emails quickly and increase the email delivery rate by utilizing the infrastructure of Moosend. Besides, SMTP services, this service is also known for the email marketing platform.
- It includes amazing features like campaign editor, advanced list segmentation, analytics and more.
- Drag and drop editor through which you can create and design amazing transactional emails and newsletters.
- Advanced automation workflow builder, with built-in automation templates
Moosend provides “Pay As You Go” option for occasional senders. You just have to pay for the emails you send.
Free for upto 1,000 subscribers.
Monthly plan starts at $10/month for up to 2,000 subscribers. You can also calculate the cost by adding the number of emails in their price calculator.
Discounted rate up to 20% for yearly subscriptions and 15% for 6-months.
To know more details, explore at: https://www.moosend.com
It is an SMTP transactional email service by MailChimp. You can use Mandrill to send data-driven, targeted, personalized, and eCommerce emails to your users. With its advanced tracking, you can monitor the open rate, bounce rate, and click rate for your emails as it automatically adds pre-defined tags to your emails to simplify tracking.
- Generate Reports for intensive analysis.
- Deliver emails through multiple domains from the same account and use dedicated IP for various domains without any hassle.
- Allows you to add various custom sending options and apply white labeling for custom tracking domains.
It costs $20 for 25000 emails/month. You can also calculate the cost by adding the number of emails in their price calculator.
To know more details, explore at: https://www.mandrill.com
7. Amazon SES
Amazon SES is a flexible and scalable SMTP transactional email service for application developers and digital marketers for sending marketing, transactional and notification emails. It allows you to use the SMTP interface or an AWS SDK to integrate Amazon SES directly in your application.
The SMTP interface of this service simplifies the integration process and allows direct integration into any application.
- Enhance the reputation by content filtering, dedicated IP addresses and more.
- Apply various settings to prevent bounces and spam complaints as well as easy tracking.
- Conduct different types of marketing campaigns to target bulk audience.
Here you pay only for what you use. There are no subscriptions, no contract negotiations, and no minimum charges.
It allows you to send 62,000 emails/month for free. After the free limit, you’ll need to pay $0.10 for every 1000 emails. If your emails include attachments, then you’ll have to pay $0.12 / GB.
To know more details, explore at https://aws.amazon.com/ses/
Also Read: Best Amazon SES Alternative
Postmark offers very detailed analytics for your emails. It stores 45 days worth of email logs where you can search to find out which emails were sent, received, read or marked as spam. It allows email delivery for just transactional campaigns.
You can integrate this service in any application through Rails gem, Ruby gem, .NET, Java, PHP, Node.js and other libraries.
- Access over multiple pre-designed email templates which can be customized with the help of editor and tools.
- View message history by applying filters like events, tags, or date on specific email addresses.
- Auto-generate Postmark email address or customize your inbound address to create various inbound addresses for domains.
- With the basic plan, you can deliver 10,000 emails every month by paying $10.
- Up to 125,000 emails can be sent at a cost of $100/month.
- Up to 1,500,000 emails can be delivered at $700/month.
They also have additional minimal charges for 1000 emails send beyond a particular plan.
For more details, explore at: https://postmarkapp.com
SparkPost supports both SMTP and REST APIs and is professionally designed SMTP service that can be used to send application’s emails that directly land in customer inbox. You can send activation emails, password reset, product updates and other business notifications.
It has client libraries supporting many languages including node js, python, php, ruby, go, elixir, and java. You can reduce customer churn as tracking facility is also available in this service.
- Email API and integration facilities are provided so that embedding SparkPost email API into apps, website or product is simple.
- Create custom-designed and personalized emails through various email templates.
- Monitor email campaign summary bounced, rejected, delayed, etc through the dashboard of this SMTP service.
- Starter Plan will cost you $20 for sending 50,000 emails in a month.
- Premium plan with 100,000 emails will charge $75 a month.
- Premium plan with 250,000 emails will charge $170 a month.
- For delivering 1,000,000 emails charges will be $525 a month.
For more details, explore at: https://www.sparkpost.com
Let's summarise this article in a quick video-
So, this was it! Here were some amazing alternatives other than Sendgrid that can best suit your business according to your Infrastructure and Budget, so that you deliver all business-critical emails directly to your customer's Inbox.
If you guys know more such amazing services, let us know in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to tell us if you really find it useful, we are always open to your feedback. Till then Grow, evolve and hustle harder!